Deadline for Application: April 30, 2017
Background: From humble roots, producing just 18-million board feet of lumber in 1954, today, Seneca Sawmill currently includes three sawmills in Eugene, Oregon and one in Noti, Oregon, with production levels exceeding 650-million board feet. Supporting these operations is Seneca Jones Timber Company which sustainably manages 167,000 acres of timberlands that produces raw material for our sawmills. Our newest facility, Seneca Sustainable Energy, utilizes by-products from our forest and sawmill operations and produces 19.8 MW’s of renewable power (enough for 13,000 homes on an annual basis) which is utilized by our local community, plus steam for our on-site dry kilns. Collectively, these companies form the Seneca Family of Companies which support over 400 local family wage jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Identify product quality and manufacturing issues. Investigates causes for these issues, make recommendations, implement solutions.
• Responsible for scanner maintenance and accuracy throughout the mill.
• Familiar with the operation of all machinery and how each machine can impact product quality.
• Measures management system indicators for quality, value, recovery and planer.
• Perform lumber grade checks and grader training.
• Verify sawmill quality standards through machine and operator evaluations and measurements.
• Keeps complete and accurate records. Documents and reports work accomplished to staff.
• Assists with corrective actions to solve mistakes or errors.
• Raise quality awareness through training sessions. Explain issue of value versus quantity and advocate quality standards with co-workers.
• Maintains and encourages high levels of communication between operators, supervisors, and maintenance.
Skills/Requirements – Minimum Qualifications:
- 1-2 years’ quality control experience within the lumber manufacturing industry
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English with all levels of the organization
- Ability to visually inspect product
- Attention to detail is necessary
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and learn computer data entry programs
- Requires the ability to use and understand fractions, decimals and percentages
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule
- Ability to work both independently and with team members
- Lifting up to 50lbs.
Seneca offers a very competitive wage and benefits package, along with further training and growth opportunities within our organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button below to fill out our application. Please include a resume along with the electronic application.