Deadline for Application: April 30, 2017
Background: From humble roots, producing just 18-million board feet of lumber in 1954, today, Seneca Sawmill currently includes three sawmills in Eugene, Oregon and one in Noti, Oregon, with production levels exceeding 650-million board feet. Supporting these operations is Seneca Jones Timber Company which sustainably manages 167,000 acres of timberlands that produces raw material for our sawmills. Our newest facility, Seneca Sustainable Energy, utilizes by-products from our forest and sawmill operations and produces 19.8 MW’s of renewable power (enough for 13,000 homes on an annual basis) which is utilized by our local community, plus steam for our on-site dry kilns. Collectively, these companies form the Seneca Family of Companies which support over 400 local family wage jobs.
- Process Purchase Logger payments
- Work with the Scalers in the yard and at the Bureau
- Help set up new vendors
- Backup to reception to help with coverage for breaks
- Maintain inventory
- Assist Log Accounting Staff
- Review and balance Scale Tickets daily
- 1-2 years’ accounting-related background
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organized and able to work on multiple projects at one time
- Word, Excel, 10-key and proficient computer skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Other duties as assigned
Seneca offers a very competitive wage and benefits package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button below to fill out our application. Please include a resume along with the electronic application.