Deadline for Application: April 30, 2017
Background: From humble roots, producing just 18-million board feet of lumber in 1954, today, Seneca Sawmill currently includes three sawmills in Eugene, Oregon and one in Noti, Oregon, with production levels exceeding 650-million board feet. Supporting these operations is Seneca Jones Timber Company which sustainably manages 167,000 acres of timberlands that produces raw material for our sawmills. Our newest facility, Seneca Sustainable Energy, utilizes by-products from our forest and sawmill operations and produces 19.8 MW’s of renewable power (enough for 13,000 homes on an annual basis) which is utilized by our local community, plus steam for our on-site dry kilns. Collectively, these companies form the Seneca Family of Companies which support over 400 local family wage jobs.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB/ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- 3+ years recent experience operating a forklift moving lumber products.
- Drive a forklift all day.
- Constantly reach with arms to operate controls for machine.
- Ability to twist upper body and neck while driving backward on forklift.
- Ability to get in and out of forklift throughout the day.
- Must be able to see to drive in all types of weather, day or night.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Perform morning check of equipment.
- Most work is performed inside an operator’s cab.
- Some aspects of the job will require exposure to the weather.
Seneca offers a very competitive wage and benefits package, along with further training and growth opportunities within our organization.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button below to fill out our application. Please include a resume along with the electronic application if one is available.