Deadline for Application: April 30, 2017
Background: From humble roots, producing just 18-million board feet of lumber in 1954, today, Seneca Sawmill currently includes three sawmills in Eugene, Oregon and one in Noti, Oregon, with production levels exceeding 650-million board feet. Supporting these operations is Seneca Jones Timber Company which sustainably manages 167,000 acres of timberlands that produces raw material for our sawmills. Our newest facility, Seneca Sustainable Energy, utilizes by-products from our forest and sawmill operations and produces 19.8 MW’s of renewable power (enough for 13,000 homes on an annual basis) which is utilized by our local community, plus steam for our on-site dry kilns. Collectively, these companies form the Seneca Family of Companies which support over 400 local family wage jobs. Seneca Sawmill Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or age.
Seneca Sawmill Company is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Electrician with extensive PLC experience for our swing shift. This person will maintain and troubleshoot PLC controlled systems to ensure continued production with a sawmill environment for the Seneca Family of Companies. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with a great attitude who is looking to work for a progressive wood products company built on sustainability and quality lumber products. The successful candidate will work amongst a high-performing, dynamic team and have a strong commitment to employee and management relations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the maintenance department in maintaining and troubleshooting of PLC-controlled systems
- Perform preventative maintenance and major repairs when mills are not running
- Enhancing and/or upgrading existing systems
- Implementing new systems
- Improving existing systems and/or performance
- Run and pull wire through conduit
- General Journey, Plant Journey or LME license
- Knowledge / experience with National Electric Code (NEC)
- Demonstrated ability to use PC to troubleshoot PLC-operated equipment
- Knowledge of how electrical/PLC circuitry interacts with hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Knowledge of VFD’s and ability to troubleshoot them
- Peripheral implementation: Drives, Analog & Digital Sensors and modules, Motion Control, HMI and third party devices.
- Basic Understanding of Scanning and Optimization
- Comfortable working at varying heights and using stairs and ladders throughout the shift
- Ability to lift 50 pounds as needed
- Willingness to work a rotating shift, with occasional overtime as needed
- Work in an indoor and outdoor environment
Seneca offers a very competitive wage and benefits package, along with further training and growth opportunities within our organization. Compensation depending on experience, up to $32.15/hour.
To apply, please click the Apply Now button below to fill out our application. Please include a resume along with the electronic application. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.