Deadline for Application: May 1, 2017
Background: From humble roots, producing just 18 million board feet of lumber in 1954, today Seneca Sawmill currently includes three sawmills in Eugene and one in Noti, with production levels exceeding 650 million board feet. Supporting these operations is Seneca Jones Timber Company which sustainably manages 167,000 acres of timberlands that produces raw material for our sawmills. Our newest facility, Seneca Sustainable Energy, utilizes by-products from our woods and sawmill operations and produces 19.8 MW of renewable power (enough for 13,000 homes on an annual basis) which is utilized by our local community, plus steam for our on-site dry kilns. Collectively, these companies form the Seneca Family of Companies which support over 400 local family wage jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Answer incoming calls on multiple lines and transfer as appropriate.
- Arrange and coordinate schedules for appointments and meetings, including conference room reservations.
- Welcome guests in person as requested.
- Prepare business and internal correspondence, notices, and confidential documents as directed.
- Prepare documents from handwritten notes, as directed orally, or by possible dictation.
- Transcribe recordings as requested.
- Prepare, process, and distribute reports as directed.
- Prepare expense reports as needed including collection of receipts.
- Review and distribute mail.
- Scan, copy, file, and fax as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic records.
- Prepare mass mailings as needed.
- Post job openings on website.
- Maintain company-wide TV monitor messaging.
- Assist with monthly company newsletter.
- Maintain various supplies in the Executive area including conference rooms.
- Maintain mill and tree farm tour schedule.
- Assist tour participants with personal protection gear.
- Prepare and track overnight deliveries.
- Make companywide travel arrangements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Associate degree in a business related field plus 2 years’ previous related experience demonstrating the ability to maintain confidentiality and provide quality administrative support, or in the absence of an Associate degree, 7 years’ previous related experience.
- Knowledge of confidentiality rules and ability to strictly maintain confidential, sensitive, and/or proprietary information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong grammar and composition skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and communicate using the English language.
- Strong computer skills and proficient in the Microsoft Windows environment, including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Professional and superior phone and customer services skills are imperative.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to respond to directions and suggestions.
- Ability to anticipate, analyze, and problem solve.
- Excellent work ethic and attendance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask, manage multiple priorities, and assume responsibility for project completion.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Self-motivation and ability to undertake new challenges.
- Operate and succeed within a team environment.
- Be honest, trustworthy, respectful, professional, and courteous.
- Positive attitude is a must.
Seneca offers a very competitive wage and benefits package. Learn more about Seneca at www.senecasawmill.com.
To apply, please complete the on-line application by clicking on the Apply Now button below. Please include a cover letter, résumé, and list of references with the on-line application no later than May 1, 2017. Seneca is an Equal Opportunity Employer including people with disabilities and veterans.